Monday, September 16, 2013

Mirror, Mirror On the Wall

Next up project: Mirror rehab! I picked this lovely jewel up at a furniture consignment store in Birmingham when I bought my first house. I love big mirrors. To be honest, this one could stand to be even bigger! But for the price of 30 bucks I am pleased! I did find a tag on the back for $225, so extra pleased! This mirror is made of of some sort of metal, so I wasnt sure how it would finish, but I thought I would give it a try. I have been seeing lots of slate gray and gold lately so I thought this mirror would be the first piece I would try it on.

This is the before: 

I picked out some slate gray paint at Home Depot: 

Trimmed with Painter's Tape and applied first coat: 

Let Dry, applied 2nd coat and had a nice chat with Mae Mae: 

Took some sand paper and tore the newly painted piece apart by stripping some of the paint off and Voila! 

Cleaned with Windex: 

Before and After: 

I think it turned out great! I am still struggling with leaving it alone or sanding a little more? I love a sleek finish but also a rustic...TBD. 




No comments:

Post a Comment