Monday, August 11, 2014

Home Tour: Mae's Nursery

I put a lot of time and effort into Mae's nursery, but two moves have happened since her birth, so it has changed a little. Soon she will have a big girl bed and no crib, fingers crossed, before the baby comes but not anytime soon.

First thing is first...when you are dealing with a girl! The CLOSET! Mae has been so blessed by her BB and Nonna, that I have barely had to buy her any clothes! We are SOOOOOO lucky! She still has a few with the tags on them that we are saving for school and other special occasions. Love playing dress up with my girl! The basket in the top right is her Easter basket we use to store all of her hats. The top left is memoirs and keepsakes from baby showers and her birth, including a newspaper from Feb. 25!


This little area is one of my favorite because I love rocking my sweet girl! Very rarely do I get to, because she loves to go to sleep awake and on her own. But when she isn't feeling well or when she first gets up in the morning or from a nap I can usually squeeze in some special snuggles. The lamp is from Target, the pink bunny is from a childhood friend in Jacksonville, Cameron O'Steen, and the pillow is Shabby Chic from Target as well. The white blanket has Mae's full name the day she was dedicated to our Lord and Savior, given to us by BB and Buck. The bucket used as a night stand was mine and Travis' when we were little. It holds some of her stuffed animals. The books on the stand are ones we read regularly, including her baby Bible Stories. 


This rocking horse was my brother's when we were little. I remember riding it myself! Mae LOVES to ride that horsey!


Mae's crib was a score from Craistlist. A Jenny Lind crib for $75 bucks was perfect for us! Ryan and I sanded it, it was torture with all of the spindles, and then applied lots of coats of paint. I love the gray color and its neutrality. Baby #2 will use it too, regardless of gender. The monogrammed blanket hanging on the side was given to my from some of my deal friends in Huntsville. My sweet friend Danielle monogrammed it and it makes me think of her every time Mae uses it...daily! Mae has just started wanting more in her bed with her besides her usual silky pillow and blanket. She now has several friends to keep her company while she sleeps. 


I bought this end table at a garage sale for $10. I sanded and painted with the same paint as her crib and added some new knobs from Hobby Lobby. The lamp, TJ Maxx, the glitter glass name plate was given to us right when Mae was born by my sweet friend Laurie in Auburn. She is KNOWN for her glitter signs and I am so glad Mae has a piece of her in her room! The cards with Mae's initials framed was a gift from our Auburn baby shower, the monogrammed bib was given to Mae by my sweet friend Amy, her and Jane have matching ones! The pretty angel is another piece from Cristi that was painted for sweet Mae Mae! Those shoes were mine! So glad mom saved them! And of course a white mini bible, mine from my KD years. 


This gorgeous antique dresser was my dad's mom, my grandmother who passed while I was pregnant with Mae. I love it so much and it reminds me of her lots! Ryan built the changing table box to keep Mae from sliding on the floor! The coat rack was another garage sale find for $5 that I painted. To the right is my old baby high chair. Mae has not realized it yet, but will soon because she is obsessed with baby dolls. Right now it holds her diapers. 


The hanging painted grape vine balls are from our wedding that were hanging over our wedding cake. The curtains are from Restoration Hardware baby. Her room is cozy and sweet. Just like Mae Mae!


The euro pillow are Shabby Chic from Target and the teddy bear was mine when I was little. Of course she has to have an Auburn doll in her room, too! The bonnet on her bed post was what she wore home from the hospital and in the corner is her 1st birthday hat with icing smeared on it. Love the authenticity of it! Right now the quilt on her bed is the back of a colorful quilt. I just wanted simple white but didnt want to buy anything quite yet because we have another twin just like this one for Mae's big girl bed. So I want to buy matching comforters together. Hopefully, soon!


This sweet framed hand-embroidered piece is from a sweet friend, whose husband used to work for Harbert. I love this and love that she wrote on the back! This is as you turn off the lights in Mae's room and I can't help but be thankful for our sweet girl and all God has blessed us with!


As you leave Mae's room, in the hallway, is her bookshelf. She is OBSESSED with books. These use to be organized and displayed very well, but she takes them ALL off ALL of the time to sit and read. The green frame on the wall was given to me by my mom. To the right is Mae's baby book Mom scored at a garage sale for $5. It is a Tiffany's baby book and was brand new! I would give anything to find another one for Baby H #2! I love all of the little knick-knacks on this bookshelf given to Mae by various family members. Each hold such a special meaning. 


So there you have it! Our girl's room! Won't be this way much longer! Then mama is going to need a xanax! She is growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment