Saturday, February 28, 2015

Maggie: one month

Our littlest pumpkin turned 1 month this week! Time is flying at triple speed now with 2 little loves. I can honestly say Maggie has been the easiest, sweetest baby. I am so so so very thankful. All I have heard is how 2 under 2 is the hardest thing to handle. I think God gave me a hall pass this time. She has joined our family with such ease and fit right in! She is pretty much go with the flow so far! 


She is on an eat wake sleep schedule. (Her mommy loves Moms on Call and Baby Wise) She eats every 3 hours (8, 11, 2, 5, and then again at 7:30) and is waking once at night as of this week. She goes to bed with her sister. It was really important to me to get them on the same bed time immediately. It gives Ryan and I some time together and has established her sleep time bed time for the next few years like her sister. 

My number one concern with this baby, was having enough sleep to be able to tend to both children and their needs. God has truly blessed me with the gift of rest! I have not needed a nap and besides going to bed super early, I have felt like the night's rest can get me through the day. 

Maggie went 4 hour stretches the first week she was home and each week has added an hour to that! Yes you read that correctly, she has slept 8 hours for 2 nights this week and 7 to 7.5 for the other nights. Hallelujah! 


Maggie has been in her crib since night one. Her room is right across from ours so it has worked for us. Plus one less thing to transition from later. She sleeps swaddled and on a wedge for her spit up. Homegirl spits up a lot. Mae never did. This is new to me. 

I am trying to do naps in her crib when I can. There are exceptions to this: taking Mae to school, errands, going on walks outside. She goes to sleep awake and does great on her own! We have had a few times I have to go in a give her a paci but she does great for only being alive for 30+ days. 

Speaking of paci, she does take one. Mae did at this age too. Hoping once I unswaddle her she will find her fingers like Mae did. I refuse to play paci-pong at night. 


She has her own look. She does not look like Mae did when she was born. She has less hair, is not as long in height, and has a different, squishy look.  

She lost her umbilical cord the 1st week! The dr. actually pulled it off and Ryan and I almost died. Mae's did not come off for 5 weeks. 

She has become more alert in the past week and loves to be talked to. She gives us glimpses of smiles and makes the sweetest baby noises you ever did hear. 


She is a great eater. I am exclusively nursing her. It took her 2 weeks to get back to her birth weight (8 lb and 10 oz), but since then she is packing it on! She now weighs 10 lb and 2 oz! The doctor is pleased and mama is proud!

I am trying to pump more this go-round and really keep up my milk supply by eating lots. I didnt have a great milk supply with Mae, so trying to nurse longer than the 5.5 months I lasted with Mae. Speaking of eating lots, I have only lost 16 of the 32 I gained!

Maggie takes a 4ish oz bottle at night with her daddy before bed. We did this with Mae to give him some one on one time with her and to give mama a break. Plus it helps get a good amount of milk in her quickly to help her last longer at night. 


Maggie is such a good sport with her big sister. She lets Mae clap her hands, stomp her feet, and dance. She even lets her do wheels on the bus hand motions and bounce her really high in the bouncy seat! She didn't enjoy the picture framed being thrown on her forehead, but she survived. 

Maggie loves her bath time and gets super relaxed and chill. She hates to get out and have lotion put on her just like her sister did. 

She has the deepest blue eyes and they are gorgeous. Doubt they will stay this color but enjoying them while they last!


Life with this girl is so sweet and I am cherishing every second of it, since this is our last baby. So thankful God blessed us with 2 little girls! 2 cute ones at that! 


Happy 1 month baby girl! So glad you you joined our family and can't imagine life without you!



No comments:

Post a Comment