Monday, December 2, 2013

'Tis the Season

After a wonderful Thanksgiving, and preparing for the Iron Bowl VICTORY, we spent Friday at home quietly with our family! It was the perfect day! We went to Chickfila for breakfast and then went to get our Christmas tree! Mae's first time seeing our tree:



It was A COLD DAY! We came home and watched football, ate Thanksgiving leftovers, and decorated our house for Christmas! Here are some of the highlights: 



 

My Grammy's apron, who passed away last year: 


My Grammy passed these down to us before her passing: 


My Christmas china, that my mother in law gave us: 

 Our tree: 

Mae's tree: 

Love this sweet manger: 

 Mantle, need to get Mae a better stocking, contemplating making us all 3 one??

 Wrapped with LOVE: 

Ornament of me and my brother when we were younger: 

Ornament from our honeymoon: 

 Ryan's mom got him ornaments each year and put his name and date on them, each ornament having a special meaning. This one is from high school. It has his baseball number on it, and he played football:

 Our front door, it looks better at night with the trees lit: 






I cant help but stand in awe of God's glory at this time of year, and all times really. Now having a child, I can not believe God gave his one and only son for MY sins! I have to be honest, and say I just dont know how I could EVER give up my Mae Mae! So thankful to our Lord and Savior for doing it instead! Tis the season, the reason for the season, the birth of Jesus Christ! Deck the Halls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment