Friday, May 27, 2016

Decorating Doll

A few weeks ago, I was asked to help a friend in Charlotte< NC decorate her husband's corporate apartment here in Birmingham. It was such a random request, that turned into something so fun and a change in pace from my everyday 'stay at home mom' scenery. I so enjoyed every aspect of it. Not only working with Dawn (we grew to be great friends through the MILLION texts and emails sent daily) but also, to be able to transform a complete BLANK slate into something cozy, homey, and stylish for her husband to have an escape when he comes home from work during the week.

She called me her "Decorating Doll". 

Our goal together, was to keep it simple and masculine and have it ready for him to walk into with it completely ready for him to live. I purchased things from silverware and toilet paper, to a TV, couch, and every little thing that crossed the front door into this place. Mae and Maggie even got to help *aka destroy* a little. My sweet mom joined me one day and mother-in-law took on the babysitting role several times as well. It was a joint effort!

Here are some before pictures:





After putting on my personal shopper/interior designer hat, this is what I came up with:














 

I thought it was important to add a little "Birmingham Flare" to this Carolina resident's new place. 









My final touch, was a basket of his favorite goodies. 


It is amazing how much I truly enjoyed this task at hand. I have always secretly wanted to be a professional organizer, and have been asked by several to help "make their house a home". My mom has me nailed down on a few of her listings in the real estate market to help spruce up their place to get it 'market ready'. 

Being a stay at home mom is living out my dream ever since I was a child, but throwing in the "Decorating Doll' title helps make life a little more interesting and fun!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!! And love that your talents are being used while you take care of your two cuties at home. Miss you, my talented friend

    ReplyDelete