Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chi-Town Lo-Down

We had THE.BEST.TIME. in Chicago for a little getaway for Ryan's 32nd birthday. Excuse the plethora of selfies and food pics...It happens.

We arrived in Chicago on April 14th, before lunch and tackled the train system to get to our hotel.



Our view from our hotel. 


Our first stop for lunch was The Purple Pig. We heard the 'wait time' was awful there, but surprisingly we walked right in and was seated. It was a late lunch, so I guess we got lucky! The roasted cauliflower was to DIE FOR! Yum!


We explored the city, did a little shopping, and headed back to the hotel to freshen up for drinks and then a late dinner. We had a corner room. This is Ryan working while I am getting ready taking in the incredible views. 


My birthday boy!



We had drink's at ______. I am drawing a blank and now kicking myself why I waited to long to blog about this. The atmosphere was cool and the drinks were on point. 


Our friend from Auburn, Andrew, met us for drinks and we went to the Drake Hotel next. Cool vintage type bar. 



We then ventured on to RPM Italian. It was unreal. Ryan got the lobster ravioli, and I got the Chicken Parm. 



They surprised Ryan with cute little mini ice cream cones and the best doughnut type things I have ever had!


The next day we ventured uptown further to Wrigley field. Our first stop was to buy the girls shirts. 



We stopped at one of the local bars to have a quick bite and a few drinks before the game. We did a little bar hopping after that and headed into the game. 



I am not kidding when I say you couldnt PEEL the smiles off of our faces when we walked in. It was like Christmas, but better. The stadium is amazing and has been a dream for both of us. For Ryan, because of his baseball background and for me because I grew up watching Cubs games with my Grammy. She would be so proud. 



Afterwards, we found a hip bar/club and enjoyed watching people making fools of themselves. 


We met our friend Andrew, for more drinks and to see his really cool apartment. Chicago living is amazing. We grabbed a late night pizza and headed home. 



We enjoyed a date of site seeing at the navy pier...








Then headed to Millineal park and to see the famous "bean". 


My favorite spot was the "Charlotte Athletic Club" Rooftop Bar, "Cindy's". The view was unreal, and the atmosphere was so refreshing and fun. 



Had to document him ordering a fruity drink...he never does. 


We had a quick bite we shared...


and then headed to our hotel bar to have a few drinks and watch our buddy who was in 4th place in the PGA tournament. So cool to see him on national TV! Go P-Diddy!



My phone died after this, but we went on the Architectural boat tour. It was so so so so so cool. Ryan enjoyed the construction aspect, and I liked being on a boat, sipping a cocktail, and enjoying the views. 

We freshened up for the night and headed to Gibson's for an unreal steak and way too much food. 




The gave us this yummy apple dessert for Ryan's Birthday! We were already way too full, but poked around and couldn't stop...it was fabulous!


Coming in from a full, yummy night. 


The next morning, I left my sleeping hubby, and hit the pavement for a quick run. I loved taking in the views and the city life. I really could move here, if I didnt have kids!


We snagged brunch at Yolk, before packing our bags and heading to the airport. 



Came home to these little nuggets! 


If you have not been to Chicago, book it now! Highly impressed!


No comments:

Post a Comment